Current Standings (See Notes Below for Calculation)
Live Oak Boys - 18 (9+9)
Live Oak Girls - 19(10+9)
Northlake Boys - 11 (2 + 9)
Northlake Girls - 0
CES Boys - 5 (3+2)
CES Girls - 12 (10 + 2)
|2017 Castaic Cup||Castaic Middle School|
|4:30pm||NH Boys||2||LO Boys||3|
|6pm||NH Girls||0||LO Girls||7|
|4:30pm||CES Girls||6||NH Girls||0|
|6pm||CES Boys||3||NH Boys||5|
|4:30pm||CES Boys||2||LO Boys||5|
|6pm||CES Girls||2||LO Girls||3|
6 points will be awarded for a Win
3 point for a tie
0 for a loss
+1 For each of the first three goals scored per game
+1 Bonus point will also be awarded for shutout win.
Congratulations to Live Oak Elementary - The winners of the 2017 Castaic Cup Tournament
Thank you to the coaches and referees who volunteered to make this a success. We hope to do it again next spring. See you then!
The Castaic Cup is a spring after-school soccer program sponsored by Castaic AYSO Region 1441.
Students from each school will form a boy's team and a girl's team, and each school will play the other two schools once. The winner of the tournament will get the Castaic Cup...until next year.
Who: Boys and girls in the sixth grade at Castaic, Live Oak, and Northlake Hills elementary schools in the Castaic Union School District. No experience is necessary; if you've never played soccer before, this is a great way to try it out! Space may be limited, so please reserve your spot as soon as possible (see below).
What: 9v9 Soccer. Each school will have a boys team and a girls team.
When: Practices start the last week of April, once a week, after school. Games will be in May.
Where: Practices will be at school. Games at Hasley/ Live Oak Park
Why: To give students a chance to play soccer, have fun, get some exercise, and to find out which school has the best sixth-grade soccer players.
Referee Administrator, Castaic AYSO 1441
Frequently Asked Questions about the Castaic Cup:
(The following info is subject to change)
How much will it cost?
- The registration fee hasn't been finalized at this time, but it won't be a lot.
When are the practices?
- The practice schedule is still being determined, but one day a week after school starting the last week of April is the plan.
What does my player need to bring to practices?
- Players will need cleats (or sneakers), shin guards and soccer socks for each practice.
- Players should also have a water bottle and snack.
- Jerseys will be provided for the games, but will need to be returned after the last game.
When are the games?
- Game days will be on Friday afternoons, most likely 5/5, 5/12 and 5/19.
How will the winner be determined?
- Each game will be scored in standard tournament style (6 points for a win, 3 for a tie, 0 for a loss, + one point for each goal scored up to 3, +1 for a shutout).
- The points for the boys and girls teams for each school will be combined. The school with the highest score wins.
- If there's a tie, tie-breaker rules will be (in order):
- Head to head winner - Boys
- Head to head winner - Girls
- Fewest goals scored against