4/14 Update: Northlake Hills Boys Team is full. Additional players can register on a waitlist in case anyone drops out, or if we get enough to make a second team. – Jonathan
The Castaic Cup is a spring after-school soccer program sponsored by Castaic AYSO Region 1441.
Students from each school will form a boy’s team and a girl’s team, and each school will play the other two schools once. The winner of the tournament will get the Castaic Cup…until next year.
Who: Boys and girls in the sixth grade at Castaic, Live Oak, and Northlake Hills elementary schools in the Castaic Union School District. No experience is necessary; if you’ve never played soccer before, this is a great way to try it out! Space may be limited, so please reserve your spot as soon as possible (see below).
What: 9v9 Soccer. Each school will have a boys team and a girls team.
When: Practices start the last week of April, once a week, after school. Games will be in May.
Where: Practices will be at school. Games at Hasley/ Live Oak Park
Why: To give students a chance to play soccer, have fun, get some exercise, and to find out which school has the best sixth-grade soccer players.
To help us plan the program, we need to get an idea of how many students will want to participate. Please take a moment to fill out the form below. This isn’t committing to the team; it’s just for informational purposes and you can change your mind if you want to. Registration will open in a few weeks.
Castaic Cup 2017 Pre-Registration
If the form doesn’t work for you or you have any other questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Referee Administrator, Castaic AYSO 1441
Frequently Asked Questions about the Castaic Cup:
(The following info is subject to change)
How much will it cost?
- The registration fee hasn’t been finalized at this time, but it won’t be a lot.
When are the practices?
- The practice schedule is still being determined, but one day a week after school starting the last week of April is the plan.
What does my player need to bring to practices?
- Players will need cleats (or sneakers), shin guards and soccer socks for each practice.
- Players should also have a water bottle and snack.
- Jerseys will be provided for the games, but will need to be returned after the last game.
When are the games?
- Game days will be on Friday afternoons in early May.
How will the winner be determined?
- Each game will be scored in standard tournament style (6 points for a win, 3 for a tie, 0 for a loss, + one point for each goal scored up to 3, +1 for a shutout).
- The points for the boys and girls teams for each school will be combined. The school with the highest score wins.
- If there’s a tie, tie-breaker rules will be (in order):
- Head to head winner – Boys
- Head to head winner – Girls
- Fewest goals scored against